Re: Design the world's best range of autos for $250 Billion?

"Government has foresight." Now that's a new one!
"Cars are plain unreliable.." What fantasy world are you living in? Cars are pretty reliable in my world.
"We have become the laughing stock of the world." Then why are literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people trying to get into the USA every year, both legally and illegally?
Tom
Read Nomen's comments below this news excerpt:
Don't count on GM, Ford, or Daimler-Chrysler to do it. They all are narrow minded, immediate gratifiers. Only the governmnent and the taxpayers who fund it have the forsight to think progressively.
Cars are plain unreliable and as far as travel insurance companies are concerned, uninsurable.
We have become the laughing stock of the world.
No-brain wrote:

BULLSHIT.. The history books are FULL of failed "Progressive Governments" and the news is full of those that are failing, as we speak!
And how exactly are the taxpayers to have a say? Our elected in Washington dont listen to us NOW! And dont lay that off on Corporate shenanigans... If you do away with 'corporations' TOMORROW, there will be some group or individual take their place at the trough. How's France's economy doing? That's certainly a 'progressive' society.
All you have to do is look at the UN and see what lies ahead when we place our trust in the 'enlightened alite'.
Nope... if you want a short-cut to fascism, all you have to do is create a government full of the exact opposite elitist types, and allow the fascists to play victim. That's happening right now, too... isnt it?
you pay..DEAL with it!