Re: Design the world's best range of autos for $250 Billion?

> Our cars remain a century behind aviation in every respect.

Enough, right there, to make me want to get you down and beat the snot out of you...

Nothing beats a throwaway line to make a point for the self-righteous shortsighted ass-hole! Never mind it's ridiculous if it makes your point, eh?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

"Government has foresight." Now that's a new one!

"Cars are plain unreliable.." What fantasy world are you living in? Cars are pretty reliable in my world.

"We have become the laughing stock of the world." Then why are literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people trying to get into the USA every year, both legally and illegally?

Tom

Don't count on GM, Ford, or Daimler-Chrysler to do it. They all are narrow minded, immediate gratifiers. Only the governmnent and the taxpayers who fund it have the forsight to think progressively.

Cars are plain unreliable and as far as travel insurance companies are concerned, uninsurable.

We have become the laughing stock of the world.

Reply to
mabar

BULLSHIT.. The history books are FULL of failed "Progressive Governments" and the news is full of those that are failing, as we speak!

And how exactly are the taxpayers to have a say? Our elected in Washington dont listen to us NOW! And dont lay that off on Corporate shenanigans... If you do away with 'corporations' TOMORROW, there will be some group or individual take their place at the trough. How's France's economy doing? That's certainly a 'progressive' society.

All you have to do is look at the UN and see what lies ahead when we place our trust in the 'enlightened alite'.

Nope... if you want a short-cut to fascism, all you have to do is create a government full of the exact opposite elitist types, and allow the fascists to play victim. That's happening right now, too... isnt it?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

THat's probably why all small consumer aircraft are still using *carburated* engines, because it's more reliable that way.

I wouldn't want an injector to fail at 25,000 thousand feet :)

Reply to
El Bandito