Re: Steel Brake line replacement

Hi All, I have some time and thought I would post the solution for the brake line leaking problem. It was repaired some time ago by replacing all the
brake lines from the Distribution point in the front of the car to the rear. This includes lines to both rear wheels and the flex line connecting the body brake line to the axel brake line. The only real issue I ran into was the replacement brake lines are about 1/3 smaller diameter than the origional lines. I was very concerned about this but could not find any way to replace the old lines with the same diameter new line. The second issue was the connector going into the distribution valve was some unique size. I had a hell of a time finding a new connector. All the old lines and connectors were distroyed when I removed them.
In retrospect I would just remove all the old lines and install new lines to the affected wheel. Removing old lines was much easier when I didn't worry about saving anything. The new lines were also much easier to work with.
Hope this info helps someone.
Good evening, Dan