Brake Line - Will Epoxy Glue Help?

Hi! When installing a left rear quarter panel floor pan insert on my 1973 VW Beetle, I barely grazed/scratched the center brake line with a drill when drilling a hole. Not with the drill bit, but with the round part that holds the bit. It was not leaking. A neighbor/handy man/fix it man said to put J.B. Weld Epoxy glue on it. He said he had fixed high pressure air conditioning hoses with epoxy glue and it worked. I cleaned the surface of the brake line and applied the epoxy glue and let it dry. I have been driving it. It works fine and does not leak. I thought I would go ahead and replace that line when it warms up. What you recommend? Thanks In Advance! Joe 73 VW Beetle

Reply to
Sleepy Joe

Replace the line, it will blow right about the time you have to make a hard stop behind a school bus.

Reply to
Douglas

replace it before you drive the Bug again!

-- Mel P.

77 Std FI Bug & 70 Ghia Cabrio. (near completion)

PARTS FOR SALE:

Mel P.

I cannot believe anybody actually asked that question?

All cars carry a precious cargo....YOU!!!!!....So change it.......

Reply to
Neil

brake lines will have something like 10 billion pounds of pressure when you hit the brake pedal. any patch that is made will fail. the only way to fix this is to replace the line and use proper brake line fittings. the pressure built up is way too high to not do it with the proper materials.

Reply to
bob

What is this, a trick question? These are your bloody brakes fer cryin out loud!

Wait until it gets warm? Geeez...

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Yeah, he seems to believe he's the only one on the road.

Reply to
jjs