Saturn Vue Vandalism repairs

An acquaintance has a Saturn Vue. Somebody decided to draw the Sunday Comics all over the vehicle with a screwdriver, deeply gouging into every plastic body panel, or are they fiberglass?
I take it a body putty will need to be applied all over the car then repainted.
Is this type of repair process very costly?
An acquaintance has a Saturn Vue. Somebody decided to draw the Sunday Comics all over the vehicle with a screwdriver, deeply gouging into every plastic body panel, or are they fiberglass?
I take it a body putty will need to be applied all over the car then repainted.
Is this type of repair process very costly?
Whats your idea of costly?
I'd have to see pictures of the vehicle to even begin to estimate, but I'm sure with paint work its in the $2000 range, maybe more?
Just thinking you would not want to do the work immediately in case the screwdriver returns, although the vehicle will be more protected next time. Wouldn't you like to catch one of these guys in the process? If you could avoid getting in trouble from your own act of rage over the deed at least you'd have the satisfaction of the instant apprehension.