speedometer problem

My 97 LeSabre's speedometer needle jumps all over the place, an intermittent problem and last for a short period of time, and even in th park position
(with the engine running). I have also a similar problem with the tachymeter (for rpm indicator). Any help will be appreciated.
Could be a ground problem. Run a jumper from engine block to cowl. Could also be failing printed circut board. A new fuse wouldn't hurt either.
Also check the condition of the battery. This happened to me, turned out I needed a new battery.
Steve

Thank you very much. I got a used cluster and I changed the the printed circuit board as you sugested. The unit now works perfectly. Thanks again

What do you talk about? Since my odometer in 99 Cavalier is not working properly and suggestion?
Thanks

Could