Spray guns for Automotive Finishes and other

Whew finally back online... I exceeded my bandwidth about 3 weeks ago and just got back online. (didn't want to spend the money to purchase additional)..

Anyway .. perhaps someone can help me out with a question pertaining to spray paint guns.

I am looking for a spray gun to be used on auto parts AND repainting a few pieces of older furniture AND painting some colorful props for a theatrical show.

Automotive finish comes to mind because of it's many different colors and the durability of it's finish.

I have compressor power... But the sheer number and variety of guns out there has got me hopelessly confused.

So... here goes...

What would provide a better finish for small projects... i.e. painting the car, painting a dresser, painting a 24" square box. would it be HVLP or conventional.

Which type of gun is more efficient gravity feed, siphon

What type of manufactuer.. I'm seeing Campbell Hausfeld in the low end >$50. and Devilbiss in the many hundred dollar range and everything in between.

Some sites list the type of spray coverage, but many others just provide general hype type of marketing.... are all guns alike, or are there different spray patterns and the ability to handle differing vicosities (sp) of fluid.

Would you care to recommend setups that have worked well for you.... again this is more of a general purpose use, but I'm hoping to use automotive acrylics, hardeners and clearcoats due to the color and durabiltiy of their finish.

Which web sites would you recommend as being helpful to making this decision and purchasing the correct materials ??

Thanks in advance for your help !!

Peter

Reply to
Peter