Want proof that GM is going under?

Page 1 of 2
http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/funonwheels/01/09/detroit_camaro_concept/?eref=aol
When I saw this on the tube, I kept thinking that the news guy had it
wrong. That they were talking about the camaro but showing a mustang. Nope. Just goes to show how bad the brain drain at GM has gotten. Do they really think no one is going to notice such a blatant copy? Sorry, dude. If I wanted something that looked like that, I'd be at the Ford dealership.
Later,
Andy C.(never #)
Andy C.(never #) wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/funonwheels/01/09/detroit_camaro_concept/?eref=aol
Where do these new News Group members come from? Funny how these trolls appear out of nowhere and then disappear, never to be heard from again!
First of all, Andy C.(never #) says nothing in his message to rationalize the subject he used, i.e. "Want proof that GM is going under?". That is an obvious indicator that Andy C.(never #) is just another troll.
Secondly, he must not have read the review at the link he posted, or he would have seen that the author commented: "The 2006 concept was particularly inspired by the 1969 version of the Camaro".
I guess that what Andy C.(never #) was trying to say is that the retro Mustang has actually been copied from the style of the 1969 Camaro! But we all know that's not true because the new Mustang is a great retro version of past Mustangs.
This all seems to add up to either Andy C.(never #) being a troll OR Andy C.(never #) has poor eyesight! *LOL*
Cool Jet wrote:

You think the proposed Camaro looks like a Mustang? I'll bet someone at Ford wishes the new Mustang body looked that good.
Sharon K.Cooke wrote:

If you want to look at something that looks new and looks like it is based on the original, check out the Dodge Challenger concept. I'd pay a dollar for that.
Later,
Andy C.(never #)
Sharon K.Cooke wrote:

??? Not me Sharon! It was Andy C.(never #) who said that. I think you may have responded to the wrong post. My post disagreed with Andy C.(never #).

GM copied the mustang back in the 60's, so its the same old tricks.
--
1984 RZ350

Ript wrote:

Right, they copied the body style. Long hood, short back end. Same way MoPar did. But at least GM put their own interpretation on it. The Challenger was much more of a blatant copy of the Camaro than the Camaro was of the Mustang. Still you're right. Car makers don't like taking chances.
Later,
Andy C.(never #)
Nice try, drool pet. I read the article. I owned a '69 comaro. I can see the differnce. Now, troll this.
Later,
Andy C.(never #)
On 11 Jan 2006 11:37:38 -0800, "Andy C.(never #)"

Funny that you can't spell the model name correctly though.
Andy C.(never #) wrote:

What a dumb ass! You may well have owned "a '69 comaro" but I find it difficult to believe that you owned a '69 Camaro because you can't even spell C-A-M-A-R-O. LMAO!!! I'm happy to hear that you can "see the differnce". But can you see the difference? *LOL* Now get to bed before mommy spanks you!
Cool Jet wrote:

Ok, on cars you don't know shit. But of dumb asses, I bet you are THE expert.
You also seem to be obsessed with "Trolls". Do you think everyone is a troll?
Sorry for the typo. But since we all knew what make and model of car we were talking about, why make such a big deal out of it? Sorry, rhetorical question. I know why. 'Cause you're the self appointed moderator of this ng and so you think you can make fun of anyone who has an oppinion. Make fun of this one: My opinion of you is that you are a pompous little dick.
Now more later, I'd rather talk to adults.
Andy C.(never #)
Andy C.(never #) wrote:

You'll be talking to a few more senior adults from your employer if you keep it up! Heh! Heh!
By the way, you never did give us your "proof that GM is going under".
Cool Jet wrote:

At least I have a job. You're not like most Canadians I've met. They're nice, polite people, for the most part. You on the other hand...
Later,
Andy C.(never #)
Andy C.(never #) wrote:

Andy, pulling the nationality card is tawdry and akin to pulling the race card in a non-racial issue! That's not worthy of a response. You are a fine one to be saying I'm not a "nice, polite" person! Here's a reminder of your recent post:
Andy C.(never #) wrote:

Andy, is that your idea of being a "nice, polite" person? Practise what you preach my friend.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/funonwheels/01/09/detroit_camaro_concept/?eref=aol
Definitely inspired by early Camaro's. Nice looking car. I wonder if the petroleum poor world is ready for another spate of muscle cars.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/funonwheels/01/09/detroit_camaro_concept/?eref=aol
Looks nothing like the old Camaro to me, but does bear quite the striking resemblance to both the new and old Challenger.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/funonwheels/01/09/detroit_camaro_concept/?eref=aol
Well - it is reminiscent of the early Camaro, but I agree that they did get it more like a Mustang look than they should have. The pic on the web site makes it look very Mustang-ish in the rear.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Me Neeva