Wheel lug torque specs

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpInfoWheelTorque.jsp
HTH

Excellent find, thanks!

With some caveats. Like...Magnesium and/or aluminum alloy wheels are going to require different torque than listed. Such is my situation. Other than that, I also thank "hls" for this.
Nick

Why is that the case? My F150 is sold with both steel and alloy wheels. According to the owner's manual, the torque spec is the same with either. I can see where the torque specs might be different if you change the style of lug nut (different wheel to nut contact configuration or nut to wheel friction) but in most cases I would think nothing would change unless you got radically different lug nuts.
Ed
On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:24:55 -0500, "C. E. White"

Well that's just it, Ed. I DO have *special* lug nuts for my alloy wheels. They bear little resemblance to those for steel wheels. Mine have an enormous bearing surface (cone) for my wheels...they're twice the size of a steel wheel lug nut.
Nick

Are these aftermarket or OEM units? What torque level do you use on them, and how was it determined?

oh crap. here we go. Yes OEM. Regular steel wheel lugs/nuts SMALL. Alloy wheel lugs/nuts BIG.
OEM FORD PART NO. ALLOY WHEEL STUD: xf1z 1107 ba Matching OEM FORD PART NO. ALLOY WHEEL STUD BOLT: F3DZ 1012a
Torque: 85 lb-ft.
LOA, dia. etc ALL different from *normal*
Lg

Dealer SVC dept told me correct torque.