Wiper module for '98 s10. Where to buy?

Does anyone know of an online site that sells the wiper module(circuit board) that pops into the wiper motor. I've tried carparts.com and gmpartsdirect.com and they only sell the wiper motor. Dealers want
about $100 for the part. Is there anyway I can take the board out and fix it. The wipers don't want to turn off occasionaly and the intermitant feature has stop working.
100 bucks??? damn the dealer here in idaho had them for I think 40. Look the board over real well and see if any of the solder is cracked. If you find a bad glue job then reglue it. there was a recall on certain years but I can't think of the years right now.

I have a 94 S-10 and my wipers occasionaly stopped working. I knew about the recall, but the dealer did not and didn't care to research it. I paid about $150 for a new motor. The recall was for bad solder joints.
The only good thing is that they cracked the windshield so I got a new one.
On 12/18/03 2:08 PM, in article YWmEb.689$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.news.adelphia.net, "sidewinder"

You can fix them pretty easy, and 100$ is a lot... I think we sell them over the counter for around 40$... look at the pins coming in from the connector... you should see the first one in the middle closest to the edge of the board is cracked.... better off resoldering all of them, reassemble and your done.... Bobo

I just got the board replaced on my '97 s10 for free at the dealer cause of faulty solder..it was a service bulletin not a recall they said even though I showed them a printdown from a recall site...i didn't care what they called it long as I didn't have to pay..it fixed the problem of them quitting randomly . ;)

I tried to go this route, I gave two dealerships my VIN number and both of them said that there was no recall on the truck for this problem. They also told me that the module for the '98 is almost double the cost for other model years. I don't know if this is true or if their just blowing smoke up my ass. Does anyone know if this gets worse before the motor fails completely. Right now the wipers are working fine.

I work for a dealer, and I think they are blowing smoke up you ass... There may not be a recall, what's out there is more like a special policy.. If you get a letter sent to you, than you can have it done... I won't be back to work til monday, and I can try and look it up them myself if you like... just post the last eight of your vin and I will see what I can do...As to the cost being double... I think that's more smoke too.. Not sure, but I have changed ton's and I don't remember them being more expensive on other vehicles.....Bobo

Much appreciated! The last eight are WK249775

I ran into work today, I didn't have time to copy and paste but I found nothing for your vehicle, and I did a major search and all I came up with was pre 98 wiper campaign and special policy info, moday I will copy and paste some info, maybe if you call customer service you may get some help....Bobo

module(circuit
and

It's easier to just remove the circuit board and solder the cold solder joints where the connector attaches. This is little more work than installing a new one.
Rita
Looks like I have to eat my words... the 98 is different as far as the part number goes... my cost for the 98 one is around 50$ or so... the earlier ones are a lot cheaper, like 30 or so... I can't find any info that saiys a 98 is part of the special policy, or any bulletin saying as such... Sorry.....

with

Thanks for clearing this up for me. It's almost 6 years old, so I guess I'll bite the bullet and pay for a new module.
If you know anyone with a soldering iron, you can fix it yourself in under 10 minutes as described previously......lot easier than biting a bullet....

part