02 Honda Accord Engine Rushing

I have had this problem about 6 months ago (Honda dealership couldn't find anything before it quit) but what is happening is when I come to a stop, the engine starts rushing and letting off (continously repeating)
without me touching the gas. Maybe haunted? But has anyone experienced this before? I can't notice it while moving unless I look at the Tach then I see something is going on. This is the second time this has happened and if there's a problem getting ready to happen, I want to try and fix it before I get stranded. Thanks for any comments.
Mel wrote:

check the coolant level inside the radiator, then report back.

What is the range of up-and-down as displayed on the tach?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
The range goes from 0 to 3 over and over. I also checked the coolant level and it is fine.
TeGGeR wrote:

You have a bad air leak.
Either the IAC is stuck wide open, or something else is stuck open or disconnected.
If this were an RSX, I would say there's a possibility your Intake Air Bypass Thermal Valve is stuck open. Pinch the hose shut and see if the fluctuation stops.
--

Thanks for your help. I will try that and reply back. The fluctuation has stopped already. It only happens for a couple of days and then it stops. So something is probably getting stuck open. I just didn't know where to look. Thanks again. TeGGeR wrote: