1996 accord LX - oil loss

2.2 liter
380 000 km.... I am not complaining.. I love this car. It's like Herbie or something..
Anyway, it looks like a couple of the spark plug tube seals are leaking.. Is
this an easy job? (valve pan gasket,etc,) or is there some bizzaro thing I need to know before I get started.. Herbie has a way of throwing curve balls whenever I attempt to fix him... Like the time back in '99 I thought the brake rotor replacment job would take 30 minutes...
Comments welcome.
BD
For a discussion of the possible causes of this, and their repairs, see
http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id3.html

OK...
Thanks a bunch... Looks like Herbie strikes again.. Not too bad though.. I guess...
BD

boondocks wrote:

simple gasket replacement. easy.
and don't strip the whole freakin' head down like elle did on her d-series motor. it's only the gaskets that get disturbed when you do the valve lash that need to be replaced.