2001 Honda Accord EX V6 Timing belt replacement maintenance schedule

My owners's manual for my 2001 Honda Accord EX V6 states that the timig belt should be replaced at 105,000 miles or 7 years which ever comes first. The
problem is I only have 26,600 miles on the car but the Honda service department that I contacted stated the timing belt should be replaced due to the 7 year rule. I know that tires will deteriorate with age, sun/weather, but I,m not to sure if that apply to a timing belt. I would appreciate any information/advice on this subject. Thanks.
Glenn Lowry
Yes, timing belt material does deteriorate with time. Plus, in theory the miles you may have spent a lot of time at idle, accumulating no miles on the odometer but certainly accumulating run time on the engine and its parts. Have the timing belt changed.

Thanks for the input info. I don't know if my Honda engine is a "Interence Engine" or not but I don't want to take a chance so I'll change out the timing belt. Glenn
wrote

Well, why would Honda even mention it if it wasn't necessary?? Sheesh.....
Replace it and save multiple thousands of dollars later.
Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

will most likely recommend replacement of the drive belts and the water pump. Although you don't have that many miles on the car give some thought to doing the replacements since the additional cost is not that excessive. MLD
MLD thanks for the info. Others have told me the same info. So I will take my Honda to the dealer. Thanks again Glenn