Espace 2.2dt timing belt replacement

Hi, I have just bought a 2000 grand Espace 2.2dt and I want to change the timing belt on it. Can anyone advise me where the timing marks are, and what special tools if any are needed to do this.

Thanks Nidge

Reply to
Nidge

This is a straightforward but long job (4 hours if you know what you are doing), you need a special screw in crankshaft stop pin. With that in place you should be able to see all the marks easily enough, the new belt has marks on it which must be lined up, the spring loaded tensioner is set till the lines line up using a manual tensioner bolt.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful