2005 Civic: How do I reset the maintenance indicator?

Page 1 of 2
Retards at the dealership didn't reset it at the last oil change...tia

RTFM. What does your manual say? No manual? Why not? Get one at that retard dealer or find another dealer.
--
Bearman
America: Land of the free because of the brave.

You're such an asshole.
On another note, you actually think dealers are competent?

Apparently you think they are competent, otherwise why did you take it to the dealer for an oil change.

You come here asking to be spoon-fed something that's clearly documented, showing that you never bothered to crack the owner's manual, and you're calling someone else names?

The ones I do business with are.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/maintenance-reqd-light.html

Just noticed my reply showed up in two separate Honda groups - please don't crosspost.

Why not crosspost? It is generally acceptable if relevant. Most newsreaders, when a cross-posted message is marked as "read" in one group, it is also marked as read in the other group(s) as well so you don't have to read/respond to the same message multiple times.
Cross-posting of messages to groups that aren't applicable (such as what a Spammer would do) is frowned upon.

True, but these groups are identical. It would be better to just post in one group. Most people read both groups anyway, so why duplicate things?

A) Maybe not everybody reads both groups. Or maybe their news server doesn't carry both groups.
B) By cross-posting he didn't duplicate things. The message only exists once per new server, linked to both groups (and that's how a decent news reader knows to mark the message as read in more than 1 group when you only read it in a single group). By manually making the same post to numerous groups /without/ the use of a cross-post one would then be duplicating things, and thus taking more space.

Crossposting to *relevant* groups is acceptable. It would be worse if he'd posted two unrelated messages with the same subject to two related groups.
The OP has done the correct thing.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Ok, I stand corrected. (actually, I sit correctlly but am not sitting correctly as I am slouched over in shame :)

Nah, no shame. Just part of the learning process. Just as I learn more about my Honda from those more knowledgeable than I, you just learned a little more about Usenet by reading from some of us. Maybe the O.P. has learned to use his owners manual as more then just glove compartment dressing...

Oops -- I think I just sent an empty message.
When you stop learning, you might as well stop breathing -- I guess we're still breathing today. :)

Thanks, but found it in the owner's manual per the other response.

What is the reset procedure? I don't have a 2005 Civic, but I'd like to know.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Nobody wrote:

Try reading the manual instead of looking pretty retarded yourself.

Excellent advice! LOL!

You pop open the owner's manual of your shiny new $17,000 toy and read it.
It's full of AMAZING facts, things that the Honda engineers spent long hours doing and telling you about--and which you chose to ignore.