How to reset adaptive transmission?

I seem to recall that there was some procedure to reset the adaptive transmission on A4/MKIV cars. Something about turning on the ignition and holding the accelerator all the way down for a certain length of time.

If this is true, is there a similar procedure for the MKV cars?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Maslin

Jim Behning

I have heard that too............drive it like crazy! lol

I try to do this procedure for the Basic Sett> Don't you drive it like crazy if you want it to go in agressive mode. >

Reply to
one out of many daves

That's funny. It sounds just like what I said.

Their procedure "Go! Press accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and count out loud 3 seconds. Done, Go Back Release the accelerator pedal."

Sounds like driving like a madman. ;-) When my brother had a Camero with a 350 I would do that. Go, dump the clutch or not, hold throttle to floorboard for three seconds. Release, yell go after banging in to second gear. Repeat one more time. Going pretty fast in a car with worn out ball joints. Scream and slow down. Much better after new ball joints.

Reply to
Jim Behning

lol it is just what you said but they said use their tool, but you will see nothing indicating that operation was complete! ;-)

I used to burn out my 2 speed powerglide > That's funny. It sounds just like what I said.

Reply to
one out of many daves

That seems a bit ambiguous.

Reply to