2006 Civic A/C and Defrost together

When I first got my car every time I put the defrost on, the A/C would come on with it. It no longer does that, or at least I don't think it does.
Is the A/C light supposed to come on when I put it in defrost or is the A/C
is some sort of stealth mode? I thought the light did come on, but it's been months since I last used the defrost.
That all being said, I just had the car in for service recently and I'm thinking they disabled the A/C + Defrost feature. If that's the case, how do I turn it back on? Or is something like that in the manual?
Steve

I turned on the defrost in my 06 civic the other night, and the AC light did not come on....I didnt bother reaching up to see if the air was A/C cold, but it did clear the fog rather quickly....

I believe it's in stealth mode. It comes on, but the light doesn't.
AC is necessary for defrosting, down to a certain temperature. Below a certain temperature, it won't come on even if you hit the button.

This morning I wasn't sure because it was 5C, but this afternoon it was 15C and the light didn't come on.
I can't remember what it was in my Monte Carlo, but I think it wasn't until the outside temp was below 0C that the compressor wouldn't come on at all, no matter what you did.
Steve
One thing to note per the manual is that once the defroster is on, and then switched to vent mode, the A/C remains on in "stealth mode". You need to turn the A/C on and off to disable it.
I would rather see the indicator light on when the compressor is running whether in defrost of A/C mode.
Check your manual, or was it in the 10 page Honda Civic for dummies (the quick start guide).
Rick in NH