2007 Accord SE

Perhaps is you gave some info on transmission, equipment, etc......

My opinion is the 4 cyl in the Accord is too small an engine anyway. I base this on several test drives and I bought the V6-- plenty of power there...

Reply to
Joseph Wheeler

Yes. Don't sit on the fence too long.

Reply to
Truckdude

The 4 cylinder is all the power the Accord needs! Nothing beats the Honda 4 for durability, simplicity, and economy. I love my 98 on trips, I took her up to 120, in Montana, and it still wanted to go further! She has 165,000 and still going strong. It seems parts are more expensive for the v6. Just my 2 cents with the 4cyl!

Reply to
Bumpy

My opinion is exactly the opposite. My 2007 with the 4 has more than ample power for any driving situation I can imagine. It will spin the front tires on take-off and easily exceed 100 mph on an open highway. How much power does one need?

Maybe if you have to haul around several 200 pound relatives.... but even then I think the 4 would be adequate.

As to the original question, it seems like a good price but without more information about equipment we can't tell.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher Freelance science writer

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

Agreed. We just got a 2007 SE 4 cyl. automatic last week and I have to remind myself to take it easy on the gas pedal. As you said, how much power does one need?

Reply to
Truckdude

Heh, heh-- but it took you 15 minutes to get it up to 120....and it was howling like banshee when it got there...and panting like a blue tick hound on a south Georgia hunt when you backed her down ;-)

Reply to
Joseph Wheeler

Absolutely dead wrong. I have an 2006 I4 Coupe and find it has plenty of power to get on the highway and cruise at whatever speed you want. My previous car was a 200 hp Prelude -- to give you some perspective.

Reply to
tww1491

YOU obviously don't have an Accord!! You probably had one of those "Iron Duke " four, or one of those Ford Pintos. I would not say it if I didn't do it! I didn't need any smart crap from someone that hasn't dicovered Honda engine yet. I found out back in

1979, withe the Honda CVCC 53 hp Civic, that they had some better than the Vega! Nuf said!
Reply to
Bumpy

I'm being offered a leftover 2007 Accord Se I4 cloth interior for 20300.00 out the door , including 6% Michigan sales tax . Vehicle is new , supposdly

1600.00 UNDER invoice . Any thoughts as to if this is a good price ?
Reply to
Dana
  1. Have either of you actually driven the V6 Accord?

  1. I have driven both, own a V6 and here is my conclusion: the 4 cyl is absolutely adequate, even very good, but the V6 is better. It will of course do anything that the 4 cyl will and MORE.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth J. Harris

Including suck down gas.

Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Then Kenneth J. Harris asked (my answers below the questions)

I have

That was not the question. The original claim was that the 2007 Accord I4 was inadequate and that one needed the V6. My assertion was and is that the I4 has ample power. As proof I claimed that the car will spin the tires and easily exceed 100 mph (within a few seconds, not the 15 minutes that some other wit suggested)

If you want a more powerful engine, then fine. Its your money. Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher Freelance science writer

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

Engine?

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher Freelance science writer

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

No doubt the V6 is more powerful. That was not in question. Someone had said the 4 was inadequate, which is ridiculous. I guess we'll just see each other at the gas pump, I just won't be there as often as you are.

Reply to
Truckdude

Note sure what car you're talking about but my 2000 accord (automatic) flies nicely at at 127,000km, drives great like the day I bought it, and oh yeah - is really cheap on gas. But for the folks down there in supersizeme land it might not be able to handle the weight yer haulin'.

Reply to
observer

...as long as you don't mind a buzzy little engine that puts your life in jeopardy when you need a sudden hard acceleration-- like when entering the expressway, passing a slow driver or getting the H out of the way when something bad happens and is coming your way on the road.....

Reply to
Joseph Wheeler

Just round-tripped my '07 Accord V6 EX-L sedan Atlanta/New Orleans and got

33.6 hauling passengers (one 125 lbs, one 250, me 240) and a trunk full of stuff. A/C was on about a quarter of the trip. Speed mostly around 65 with some stretches 70-75. Fine, fine machine!!
Reply to
Joseph Wheeler

Yours, maybe, but my 2000 Accord SE (auto) is like Observer's: plenty powerful and fast (with the 4), non-buzzy, still looking, feeling and running great after 93K miles, and doing nicely on fuel economy (25+ average so far). I understand the appeal of a bigger engine, but this car doesn't need it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Suspect we have a troll here.

Reply to
tww1491

I'm sorry , I should have been more descriptive . It's an automatic with basic SE features ; alloy wheels , cd changer, carbon fiber on the interior ect.............. -Dana-

Reply to
Dana