'93 Civic Si HB, Brake lights come on automatically ?

One morning the brake lights are just magically on all by themselves.
What is likely problem ?
None of the following attempts clears up the problem.

Thanks for any helpful advice or humorous anecdotes , robb
On 08/21/2011 06:25 AM, robb wrote:

there's a small plastic plug on the brake pedal lever that activates the brake light button. sometimes it cracks and falls out leaving the brake lights on. look on the carpet and if you find some broken plastic you've not seen before, that's it. just get a new one, push it in the hole, and you're set.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

I had this happen on my 94 Integra.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

Thanks for reply J Yanik So now i am on lookout for my '91 Integra thanks, robb

What he said.
The part is about $5 at the dealer, and is available nowhere else.
--
Tegger

On 08/21/2011 03:45 PM, Tegger wrote:

you can also get them at junkyards. i got one there to repair a friend's civic, and the yard's checkout people just waved me through. just not worth charging for as far as they were concerned.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

"Tegger" wrote in message

Thanks for help Tegger. robb
"jim beam" wrote in message

That was it ! in about 8 small pieces scattered around the floor board.
Thanks for the help, robb