99 Accord EGR Warranty Question

I have a 99 Accord V6 with 110,000 miles. The Malfunction Indicator Lamp came on, and I ran the code and got P0401 Insufficient EGR Flow. I took it into the dealer and they said that the car has already had the service bulletin # 99-085 done to it (Must have had it done before I took ownership of the car). The wanted to charge me $300 to clean the egr valve and surrounding areas.

My question is, Should they fix it for free since it supposedly was already fixed previously? Also, Is there a way to verify that the car does indeed have the bulletin # 99-085 done to it? Can I view the pipe/kit?

I was under the impression that once the car got the kit, this problem would no longer occur.

Thanks for the help!!!

Reply to
shiftyeyes

I think the EGR extended warrenty was for 80k and you are far past that. If the dealer wants too much go to a qualified service shop or pull it yourself and clean it. It probably won't fix your P0401 error as your Cat is probably bad

Reply to
Woody