Warranty Question?

I have a 2002 Windstar with 3yr/60000km warranty. I now have 57000km. (We live far from work). I have a concern with the rear window not opening on one occasion and I brought it to the attention of the dealer. What I was hoping was that they would make note of it and when the warranty expired if something went wrong with it again I could tell them that I brought it up while under warranty. Well, they didn't make note of it and they said that they will change the motor now even though it still works. The window only stopped working for about a couple of minutes and hasn't happened again. I didn't want to change the motor now because once you take something apart it usually rattles somewhere and is never the same again.

Should I let them change motor before warranty expires or is it possible to make note of it now and change it later if and when it completely stops functioning? Do you think they would honor the warranty after it expired if I complained before warranty ran out?

Thanks

Reply to
bones1515

Hard to tell. There could be a new service manager at the dealer, so the new service manager would not change the motor under the same circumstances.

Anyway, I would go to the dealer and talk to the service manager and see what he says. It might not be the motor. It could be any of about 10 different electrical connections, the switch, etc.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I own a winstar 98 and from the first day i had problem with the warranty they always try to blame you, so go and have it done now. ps I will never by a american car again. I had 4 honda since 1984 I still have a 1989 the honda is in front of my home the winstar in the garage for repair with electrical problem...

Reply to
seb

Why do people feel compelled to say "I will never by a american car again". (Maybe "seb" should take an English lesson). We don't care if you buy American again or not. Perhaps you should move to some foreign country where you'd feel more comfortable about all your purchases.

Reply to
mcalister