warranty question

My 2000 Limited V8 has been a little hard to start a couple of times. Instead of just firing up, it just kinds of putts/misses, then dies again. It has only happened a couple of times.

From reading past posts, it sounds like the IAC valve may need cleaning or replacement.

The vehicle has a little less than 80K miles and was purchased new. It has extended warranty protection until about May 2007 (7 yr/100K miles). It isn't a Ford warranty, but the company has been OK for claims that I've had in the past (nothing major). The warranty is fairly comprehensive as to what is covered.

I could probably clean and/or replace the IAC valve myself, but if it was a warranty item I would just as soon let the dealer handle it. Of course, I do not know for sure if the IAC valve is the culprit. Most of the time, the car starts and runs fine.

Would an extended warranty normally cover the IAC valve if it needed replacement? I expect a dealer would replace rather than clean the IAC valve.

Reply to
oklaman

From reading past posts, it sounds like the IAC valve may need cleaning or replacement.

The vehicle has a little less than 80K miles and was purchased new. It has extended warranty protection until about May 2007 (7 yr/100K miles). It isn't a Ford warranty, but the company has been OK for claims that I've had in the past (nothing major). The warranty is fairly comprehensive as to what is covered.

I could probably clean and/or replace the IAC valve myself, but if it was a warranty item I would just as soon let the dealer handle it. Of course, I do not know for sure if the IAC valve is the culprit. Most of the time, the car starts and runs fine.

Would an extended warranty normally cover the IAC valve if it needed replacement? I expect a dealer would replace rather than clean the IAC valve.

Reply to
oklaman

get the transmission checked now ....mine just went on my 2000 4x4 with only

58,000 miles looking at a $2200.00 repair bill

Reply to
William Bramell