auto lock feature

I have tried unsuccessfully to engage the "auto lock" feature by following the directions in the owner's manual of my 2006 Civic Hybrid carefully. Is there a trick that does not appear in the instructions? I would like the door locks to engage automatically at 9 mph as the manual describes.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

Rich, I have a 2006 Civic and the auto lock function is pretty straight forward. I have mine set to lock when I take the shift lever out of park. When I stop and turn the key to the first position the drivers side door unlocks. I would imagine that the hybrid is pretty much the same. If there is any trick it is listening to the "beeps/clicks" and following the time line in the manual. Did all this on the first pass. I don't have the manual in front of me but I think there is also something about having the doors shut while programming the function.

Reply to
Richard Kuroski