Brakes CR-V 01

Rotated tires today looks like the front pads are wearing down not on the squeeler yet, but I can't see how much is left before they are on the squeeler. Might have another 5k left only 34K on the odometer.
Is there another way to determine whats left on the pads without removing the caliper? Should I wait till I hear the squeeler rubing?
When I replace the front pads, I am not going to turn the rotors, is there somthing else I need to pay attention too.
Thanks Tom
Add pictures here
âś–

On some calipers there's a hole in the top that allows you to see both pads. A good flashlight is necessary.

NO. ONLY the INNER pad has a squeal tab. The outer one does not. Do a proper inspection.

Where do you live? Snowy winters: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/rustybrakes/brakes1.html Warm winters: http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/brakesus/5.html
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ