Civic Hybrid Transmission

Does anyone have any info on the reliability of the Civic Hybrid CVT transmission. The pastor of our church apparently has had problems with the transmission on his Civic for some time until it packed up at around 60k
miles. The dealer quoted a price of $5,000 to replace it -- although they were checking to see if Honda would replace it without charge.
www.greenhybrid.com ...Is usually a good source of info, I know there is some info about the CVT trans in there, I know some of the HCH I (pre 2006), had some issues.....but, the site does not appear to be working today....BTW, I am thinking I saw the $2,600-$3,000 figure for replacement somewhere, $5,000 seems way too high.

tww1491 wrote:

for automatic transmission by many manufacturers in every market except north america and is known to be both reliable and fuel efficient.
If Honda doesn't help, I would get a parade permit and stand in front of the dealership every weekend handing out literature about the quality of his civic.

Yeah, I can see the pastor of his church doing that.
Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

The pastor believes it is a miracle -- but Honda is replacing the transmission with no cost. I think it is simply because Honda is a good company.