Civic Hybrid Transmission

Does anyone have any info on the reliability of the Civic Hybrid CVT transmission. The pastor of our church apparently has had problems with the transmission on his Civic for some time until it packed up at around 60k miles. The dealer quoted a price of $5,000 to replace it -- although they were checking to see if Honda would replace it without charge.

Reply to
tww1491

...Is usually a good source of info, I know there is some info about the CVT trans in there, I know some of the HCH I (pre 2006), had some issues.....but, the site does not appear to be working today....BTW, I am thinking I saw the $2,600-$3,000 figure for replacement somewhere, $5,000 seems way too high.

Reply to
Justbob30

there's nothing much wrong with cvt transmission. it's used extensively for automatic transmission by many manufacturers in every market except north america and is known to be both reliable and fuel efficient.

Reply to
jim beam

If Honda doesn't help, I would get a parade permit and stand in front of the dealership every weekend handing out literature about the quality of his civic.

Reply to
Art

Yeah, I can see the pastor of his church doing that.

Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

The pastor believes it is a miracle -- but Honda is replacing the transmission with no cost. I think it is simply because Honda is a good company.

Reply to
tww1491