Civic transmission

Hello,

I have a 95 civic and the auto transmission seems to be acting funny. It only has 78,000 mi. I had the trans serviced last year. It seems to accellerate a bit slowly with it sticking it 1st gear a bit too long. Also, when it is first shifted into drive it seems to slip a bit. I checked the fluid level it seems fine and isnt burnt. Just curious if this is a common problem on this model or any other info.

Thanks

Reply to
Don Moore

If 'they' filled your Honda tranny with anything other than Honda Z1 ATF, you'll have to drain-n-fill it three times (with the correct stuff). If you've been climbing any hills with the wrong stuff in it, you might be needing a new tranny. Read these TSB's to see if any apply to you:

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

I hope not. I had it at a dealership to service it, so I hope they used the right fluid. Thanks for the service bulletins.

Reply to
Don Moore