Crankshaft bolt, right or left thread?

1997 DOHC 2.2l in a prelude. I can't get the bolt loose and I don't want to break anything. I have the hex socket pulley holder and a long breaker bar and a pipe but no joy with I think is plenty of force.
Is this possibly left hand thread?
It's right hand.
It's hard to break loose most likely because of the finer than usual thread used on this bolt.
May need an extension on the pipe. You should only be using 1/2-inch drives or higher. Anything less than this, and things get unsafe. One guy here argues for 3/4-inch drives, and he has a point.
An impact wrench, rented if necessary, is something to consider for this job. Or take it to your local mechanic, throw on the rack, have him loosen, then re-snug for the trip home, but not too tight.
Plenty of folks here have wondered if it's left hand. I am a long time poster here and have had my own 91 Civic's crank pulley bolt off many a time. After several years, it's usually darn tight. But I manage with a 1/2-inch drive set and about a five-foot pipe extension on the end of an 18-inch breaker bar. Pillow beneath in case I slip. About 90 degrees of windup may be required. This is not for the feint of heart or those not safety-minded.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

Glad you asked that. This is one of the very oldest of the FAQ entires.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/cranktool/index.html
Basically what Elle said, plus more.
--
Tegger