del Sol brake lights stuck on

Recently my 93 del Sol decided the brake lights need to stay on all the time, even with the engine off. Anyone know how that could happen and how o fix it?

On 10/26/2010 09:16 PM, Rob Steinmetz wrote:

could be the brake light switch. more likely to be the plastic tab on the pedal that presses against that switch though. they're a kind of plug mounted in a hole that tends to break and drop through leaving nothing pressing on the switch actuator. cost a couple of bucks.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

I had the same "plug" problem with my 94 Integra GS-R. The OP may have found some bits of unidentified crumbled plastic on his floor mats;that was the old plug.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 10/27/2010 10:00 AM, Jim Yanik wrote:

yup, that's the dead give-away!
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Have a look under the dash, at the brake light switch. The switch rests against a little plastic button. That button has broken apart or fallen off. You get a new one for a few bucks at the dealer.
--
Tegger

Thanks to all who commented. I'll look at it Saturday when I have time.