Help!! Problem with headlights and running lights

i was going home from work last night..and i have 1989 HONDA ACCORD LXi .the switch for the lights is on the steering column on the left hand side..and it
was it wont pop up my lights, they wont turn on, and the running lights wont come on at all..i had to drive home with my flashers on and holding my highbeams in the on position(i work nights until 2 am, and have no other transportation) my highbeams work..but only if i hold them in the on turn signals work, and my brakelights my old car 89 ford tempo, a similar thing happend, and my friend replaced a switch in the steering column..could it be the same thing in the honda? i need to get this fixed asap..or i cant get home from work..any help would be appreciated..ty.. chick