Honda Civic Hybrid

Page 2 of 2  


Than some guy who worked at Discount Tire?
It's not hard to get better than that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

manual are not going to be dangerously far off for any tire that is suited to the car, so go for it.
But I'm sure you understand that I will take the advice of the tire chain that has given me first class service for decades over your advice, your prejudices notwithstanding. And the "some guy" has proven his overall competence to me many times over the years while you are a variable source of opinion, so we are separating on this one.
Mike
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Discount Tire.
Let me guess: you take your engine advice from Jiffy Lube.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

offer no support for them. You are diminishing yourself in my eyes.
Mike
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I don't have to. I know the facts.
And one fact I know is, you take your advice from some guy who used to work at Discount Tire--and you claim it to be the gospel.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

advice and stellar support from various stores in the Discount Tire chain for more than 20 years. In that time, I have seen or heard no complaints I can recall regarding Discount Tire. I have had exactly one in all these years: the mechanic failed to tighten the lug nuts on a wheel after a repair. And I never presented it as gospel, just as the most reliable info I had available.
I don't know what you have against Discount Tire, and you still don't say - only that you "have the facts" you don't see fit to share. You don't know my partner but you assume he is less competent than you, particularly in the field of tires, a premise I find laughable. So who would you have me go with - somebody who has earned my trust or some random anonymous guy who offers no support for his ravings? Maybe I should listen to Alex, the "Toyota kills" guy, because he has less going for him than you do.
Mike
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I'm not finding any safety issues per se by inflating to near that which is printed on the side of the tire. The only caution is that overinflation may lead to greater wear down the middle of the tire than on the edges, so tires should be inspected more often. If wear down the middle is detected, reduce the pressure.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Check out this website:
http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage /
It allows hybrid owners to submit their actual mileage results, and pools that information to provide "typical" results for each model. Granted, different people have different driving needs (ratio of city vs. highway miles) as well as driving styles (leadfoot vs. "sipper"), but it's a start...
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Oh yeah- our 2004 Civic Hybrid (automatic) is averaging 42.7 mpg over 25,000 miles with a mix of about 50% city driving and 50% rural road/hwy driving (hwy speeds usually around 70-80 mph)...
We're pretty happy with our car, although the A/C cutting off with the engine at stops can be a little annoying on hot days (I believe the 2006 model has an electric compressor that runs the A/C even when the car stops at intersections)
We are seriously considering an '06 Accord Hybrid as a second car for our household, although we would be more inclined if they had mated the IMA with the 4-cylinder (even better fuel economy, and the 4-cyl does a pretty good job at moving the car on its own).
Cheers!
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

same as yours. By the panel I usually get 42 mpg. By actual calculation of miles I've gone divided by gallons used, I'm getting right at 40 mpg. The vast majority of my miles are on city streets going to and from work. That's what I got the hybrid for - an economical work car. So I'm pretty happy averaging 40 mpg in very demanding stop and go conditions.
Like you, I find I get very good mileage when going at between 50 and 65 miles an hour. And it drops pretty quickly at speeds over 70.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
How does your (everyone who posted here) mileage compare to mileage of a gas powered (non-hybrid) Civic?
And how much more does a hybrid cost?
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
My gas 2002 Civic 5 sp gets 38 to 43 mpg depending of couse on how much more time I send on highways.
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Exactly. I don't see the economics of buying a hybrid.
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

and also because I enjoy innovative technology. No disappointment on either score.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Why?
So you'll spend MORE for the privilege of using a bit less gas?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I thought I said the technology fascinates me. It's roughly for the same reason that I bought a Mazda RX4 about 30 years ago, and a Honda CRX Si in 1990. They're all fun to drive, and I like something different. What's hard to understand about that?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ah! The "toy factor"! I admit...that's an answer I can relate to! Enjoy it.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Traded in an '04 Civic that pretty much ran 10% under the EPA mileages over the 1.5 year period for an '05 Accord Hybrid w/Navi. Mulitple tank average of the Civic's mixed local and up to 900 mile round trips was always over 40. The Accord's multiple tank averages are running 31 ish.
Wife could not abide the highway 'feel' of the Civic (light-weight wandering in the lane) nor the 'slipping clutch' characteristic of the CVT.
I must admit, I LOVE the power of the Accord V6. Has more get up and get than the non-hybrid V6 and even my old 72 Comet GT with the 302 V8 was a wimp (stock) compared to the Hybrid. Love the 'better' gas mileage. However, it is truly only an 'ego' or 'status' purchase with no monetary advantage over a standard vehicle. The premium is too high to recover unless gas prices get over $20/gal an as for being "green" the battery disposal is not.
But... you have to breath air, you can bury batteries.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.