The 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid

Luxury is right here! .The 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid is elegance fused with innovation. Geared with gasoline-electric technology its engine is 5-speed,

13.4hp. CVT transmission option is available. Its plush, roomy interior is highlighted by elegantly designed instrument panel. The automatic climate control air conditioning system allows fuel economy to co-exist with luxury. Dual front airbag system is a standard equipment.The Hybrid redefines the meaning of comfort and convenience.

Get a Luxurious experience of the newest Honda Civic Hybrid at

jills

yes - run down and get your new hybrid that gets 32 mpg. From one who has one.

17:28:34 GMT, jills wrote:

innovation. Geared with gasoline-electric technology its engine is 5-speed,

13.4hp. CVT transmission option is available. Its plush, roomy interior is highlighted by elegantly designed instrument panel. The automatic climate control air conditioning system allows fuel economy to co-exist with luxury. Dual front airbag system is a standard equipment.The Hybrid redefines the meaning of comfort and convenience.
Reply to
muzz

Do you have the new Civic Hybrid with the A/C driven by the electric motor ?

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

yes

Reply to
muzz

Gee,

Our 2003 Civic Hybrid routinely delivers 42-46 mpg--higher in winter (without A/C running). In the summer it's a bit lower because we nearly always need A/C, and sometimes have to keep the engine running at a stoplight (southern Arizona--typical summer high temperature of 100 degrees F. or higher). Worst-case mileage: around 37-38 mpg on interstates (speed limit 75 mph).

You may have special and unusual driving conditions that reduce your mileage. But there are those of us who get mileage that isn't terribly far from the EPA estimates (highway driving at 75 mph is not something accounted for by EPA testing, unfortunately).

David

Reply to
David

Yes, I've received several comments that it must be due to my ignorant driving habits. The reality is, that I and my wife both drive very conservately, no jackrabit starts, no 70 mph driving etc. I've had the car for 20 months and the average mpg is 33. I've had it in several times to the dealer, no problems found - he only wanted to know just whatr mileage I expected.

Reply to
muzz

The same sort of complaints are frequent with the Toyota Prius. I guesstimate about 1 in 4 (SWAG) drivers get about 2/3 the economy others get under similar conditions. Sometimes it is because the tire pressures were too low (Toyota specs the pressures way too low) or the defroster was always on, but most remain mysteries.

The Civic hybrid is a little easier to pin down than the more complex Toyota, though. If you can compare highway economy with anybody who has similar terrain and temperatures you can tell if the engine is working right. Your highway economy at 60 mph in mild weather should not be very different from the EPA estimate. If it is, something is clearly wrong. Around town, there are just too many variables.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee