Hybrid War: Honda vs Toyota

Page 3 of 3

That was my experience--down to the "torrential rain" thing, not to mention a couple decent winters.
Mine's a company car; when they changed out the OEM tires a few weeks ago and put on some God-knows-what things, my mileage dropped like a rock. Hint: the Prius is a carefully engineered system, down to the tires. Change out anything, including the tires, and you break the system. Want to keep the mileage up? Keep with the Integritys (or similar tires designed for high fuel efficiency using low rolling resistance design).
Why does it have to be a war? Under new mileage laws most vehicles will need hybrid technology next decade. Plus $5 - $10 gasoline WILL return in a matter of time. Better to work the bugs out now before get into high volumes.
In message

Here in the UK we already pay over 4 a gallon what's that in your money?
--
Clive

At first glance, that would be $5.93, but a British gallon is larger than a US gallon so the UK price would be $5.00 per US gallon.
-- Ron

It reached $8 last year before the Pound tumbled.
writes

A little under $6.00. Doesn't that higher tax pay for your health care too? If we added our health care costs to our gas costs we would be paying about $10.00 gallon right now.