Message response

This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with
an "Re:" subject.
In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to follow.
John
The same reason they don't use spell check I guess.
John Smith wrote:

John Smith wrote:

Not everyone's newsreader supports proper threading. Some newsservers may not either. Deal with it.
Matt, let's not get testy. In my sheltered experience with news readers they have always shown up threaded so I assumed that was the norm. TX 4 the education. John
Matt Ion wrote:

One newsgroup I'm on is moderated and requires an email address be registered with the moderation software before posts will be automatically accepted to the group, or they must be hand-moderated. They can also be posted by emailing a post to the moderation bot, if they're not being accepted normally. If done that way, the threading is immediately broken as well.
There are tons of reasons threads can break, be split up, etc., most simply due to differences or limitations in the technology.
John Smith wrote:

Your newsreader may be configured to show everything "flat" instead of threaded. check your preferences.
Sorry, 4 other news groups all show up threaded. Matt's reply makes sense though. John
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

I'm seeing them threaded.
--Nan