My 97 honda CRV AWD rolls in park.rest of tranny works. missing rear drive shaft

My 97 honda CRV AWD rolls in park.The rest of tranny works good. It's missing rear drive shaft. Mechanic ruled out shifter problems, and parking pawl is not
it. Any ideas
On 10/21/2012 03:08 PM, BECKY CLARKE wrote:

is this a question?
if you're asking why the parking sprag isn't working, it's either because the selector cable isn't correctly adjusted, or because the sprag has broken when someone tried to "park" the vehicle at 30mph. one is expensive. one is cheap. my guess is the former because if the rear drive shaft is disconnected, it's because there are other problems you're not telling us about.
--
fact check required