Re: Changing headlamps in 2006 Accord

I think Honda decided on the contortionist procedure because it keeps customers from accidentally erasing their radio security code, or resetting the drive-monitors/idle-learn/grade-logic, etc...
--
Tegger

Tegger, wrote the following at or about 5/5/2010 10:13 AM:

Perhaps and, yes, I did consider both of those side effects. On the whole, I figured saving my back (and backside) took precedence. The radio code was no problem for me as I keep that stuff in the owner's manual AND my PDA, and back to school for the engine can't be all bad<g>
If that WAS Honda's rationale, the least they could have done was given us poor owners "half a break" and told us to go in from above on the passenger side.<g>
Any idea how long it takes the system to relearn the routines?

A few days of normal driving, with a good mix of city and highway.
There are specific procedures you can follow to speed things up considerably, but normal driving will eventually do it. The car may feel "funny" for a while until it completes its routines.
--
Tegger

You mean all of that stuff they should have a record of?

How are owners supposed to keep a record of the monitors, idle learn and grade logic?
--
Tegger

Meant the radio...and nav system if they have one.
On 5/8/2010 12:24 AM, Stewart wrote:

You, me, Tegger and probably 98% of the folks in this group have it written down in multiple places.
I doubt that had anything to do with Honda's rationale behind the instructions for changing out the bulbs. I doubt that there was ANY sane thought given to it at all. Maybe, at most, a case of "let's mess with the round eyes!" <g>

Yeah, I agree. The first time I changed mine, I got my hand in there and groped around for about 5 seconds before I said the hell with it.
On 05/08/10 18:20, Stewart wrote:

Hey, this is an auto NG - Hondas, specifically.
:)