Should I buy a 2005 Civic on clearance now?

I've decided to buy a Civic. I can get a 2005 Civic on clearance for cheap. Or I can wait for the 2006 models to be released.
Is the cost savings that I would realize by buying a 2005 model on
clearance worth it? Should I wait for the 2006 model?
Is there a detailed list of what's different between the 2005 and 2006 Civic EX models? Also, what are the differences between the different models themselves (EX, LX, Si, and so on)?
I've heard that the 2006 Civic Si has a fresh new design. Does that apply to the other 2006 Civic models too?
When will the exact prices and launch dates be released?
Thanks. Sorry if a lot of this sounds amateurish. This is my first car! :-)
~ Stella ~
http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id64303

All new models regardless of manufacturer may run into design problems when first released. This is true for Honda as well (although I'm sure the powertrain will be as reliable as always)
If the new Civic appeals to you more than the old, wait for the new and take your chances that there may be some problems - (the latest version of the trusty CRV had such problems when released)

Gerald Fay wrote:

Uh, I wouldn't count modern Honda automatic transmissions in the "reliable as always" category, especially considering the $3000-$5000 cost of replacement if it ends up on the customer's tab.
John
I'd go for the 2006, it should look better, and have more power :) But as it is a new design (honda changes it every 5 years) there may be a few bugs in it... Still I have a 2005 civic, and am counting the days down until the 2006 civic SI comes out as I will be trading mine in :)

Heres some pictures of the civics
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots/Spy_Shots_06_Honda_Civics.S178.A8842.html
supposedly the SI is going to be 200HP the base models are supposed to be 140HP (i-vtech) and the higher models should be around 160HP (i-vtech)

I hope the Si has the shifter in the dash. If it does, and I can get it with NAVI for <22.5k, I'll definately get it!

it.

I bet it will, hondapreview.com had some pretty convincing info from an official manifest regarding ~8 trimlines of 2006 Civics. Info is now gone, the theory is that Honda Corp. forced them to remove it. We shall see but it aligns with Honda's intent to move the Civic 'upscale'.

Maps work for me. Navi is just another expensive toy that distracts you from driving.

Stella wrote:

I have read the same thing. Personally I would either buy the '05 or wait until '07. First model year versions of cars, including Hondas, usually have lots more bugs in them then do the second year of production.
John

Stella, I read the other posts in this thread and I agree with the people that told you that you should buy the 2005 model. There are two good reasons. You will save money and the 2005 model should have less bugs than the 2006 model. Other people have already done a great job of explaining why this is true. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO