Should I buy a 2005 GTI VR6?

Hello,

Are these cars reliable now? I know the 2002 models and maybe some later ones had coil and window and other problems so I didn't buy one then.

Has anybody had any other problems with VR6 GTI's in US or Canada?

I know VW's are not Japanese quality but what else goes wrong on GTI's?

thank you

Reply to
Strudelsmith

The coil and window problems were addressed at least a year ago if not earlier.

Reply to
Matt B.

I think they are actually pretty trouble free now. Next year there will be a completely new model so from the standpoint of reliability now is probably your best time to buy a GTI. Personally I think the 4 cylinder engine is better than the VR6 though..

Reply to
Rufus McPiddlegump