some stuck when step on the 2000 Accord gas pad

Hi, I have a 2000 honda accord EX with 5 speed manual transmission. In the morning, first time I step on the gas pad at 1st gear, I feel the gas pad is stuck after a little movement, then push harder, it passed
the sticky point, and the rpm jumped to 2-3 k. It is not felt smooth like before. Anybody know what cause this problem? Sometime it gives rough ride at 1st gear. Thanks in advance.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

Throttle body is dirty and in need of cleaning.
You may have a PCV system problem in addition to the dirty throttle body, so it's wise to have the intake system checked out by a competent mechanic.
If the throttle body has dry black carbon deposits, a cleaning will suffice. If it has wet or gummy crud in it, then there are additional problems.
There is a fairly specific procedure to cleaning the throttle body, so this would be a good one to entrust to your local Honda dealer even if that costs a bit more.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ