some stuck when step on the 2000 Accord gas pad

Hi, I have a 2000 honda accord EX with 5 speed manual transmission. In the morning, first time I step on the gas pad at 1st gear, I feel the gas pad is stuck after a little movement, then push harder, it passed the sticky point, and the rpm jumped to 2-3 k. It is not felt smooth like before. Anybody know what cause this problem? Sometime it gives rough ride at 1st gear. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
hchen5965

Have you ever cleaned the throttle body?

Reply to
bbtaco

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1168294530.601346.5680 @s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Throttle body is dirty and in need of cleaning.

You may have a PCV system problem in addition to the dirty throttle body, so it's wise to have the intake system checked out by a competent mechanic.

If the throttle body has dry black carbon deposits, a cleaning will suffice. If it has wet or gummy crud in it, then there are additional problems.

There is a fairly specific procedure to cleaning the throttle body, so this would be a good one to entrust to your local Honda dealer even if that costs a bit more.

Reply to
Tegger