2001 Accent misfire

My son has a 2001 Accent (the largere 1.6 liter engine) that just started to misfire. He went to an Autozone and the guy there said the code was a misfire in no.1 cylinder. He checked the plug and the plug wire and he
said it looked OK. Could a bad injector cause this misfire?? What kind of a job is an injector replacement??
Thanks for any help!

FIRST, replace or swap the plug to a different cylinder. Heck, replace them all! I've got a 2004 T&C that idled like crap. Dealer said it was normal. It and finally threw a misfire code. I swapped wires, same cylinder. I checked the plug, and it looked and fired fine in open air. Same resistance as the others. I swapped the plug to a different cylinder, and the misfire code folllowed the plug. Ran fine ever since. DC finally came out with a TSB that says replace plugs and wires if the 2K4 T&C shows up with a misfire code. Looks and open air firing isn't everything.
Injector replacement? Alot harder and more $$$$$ than plug replacement.
if the plug wires never been chnged id recommend changing them and put some fresh ngk plugs in

It's probably the wire. With the car off, pull the wire loose from the plug and let it just rest back on the plug. Then start the car. Gradually lift the wire back off the plug and look for arcing. You probably have an arc out the side of the insulator tube to the metal tube on the head.
mule wrote:

I have had an ongoing issue with my '02. It was finally determined that air in the fuel line was causing a false misfire code. The most common causes of misfiring is the plugs/wires. Get Hyundai brand only, many dealers "claim" that non-factory plugs/wires can cause misfiring. If the issues persist is may be a dirty injector (try using injector cleaner.) There can also be a very large number of other possible causes, low compression, bad coil...
My son installed a new set of plugs today and he said he verified that there is spark at the end of each wire. He still has a miss. Would you still reccomend getting new plug wires???

Do what Hyundaitech said. It takes ALOT more voltage to fire a plug under cylinder pressure. It could easily be flashing over outside the plug under load.

Even if your wire is not arcing where I think it will, it's likely to produce an arc from wherever the misfire is occurring if you've got an ignition misfire.
Right you are!!! He replaced plugs and wires and she runs great again!!! Thanks much to everyone!!!