2002 accent fuel filter location!!!???

I read that the 2000 model fuel filter is located inside the tank. I am under the impression Hyundai re-designed these cars after 2000. Just where in the heck is the FUEL FILTER on these things?? Owners manual is useless and no company has produced a maintenance/repair manual for them yet. Feel free to email me at jacee12345(Put the at here)yahoo.com or reply to the group.

Thank you.

Reply to
Noname

It's in the tank with the fuel pump.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Why are there instructions and a picture of it outside the tank next to the fuel pump connections to the tank?

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Jody

Apparently, I've erred. It appears to be outside the tank as mentioned in Bob's post. Sorry.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Jody

No need to apologize to me. YOU are the recognized expert here. The questions I asked, and comments I made are just that. All I did was looked it up and made pdf's of the info in the online manual. It's not the first or last time the manual's been wrong. In fact, it lies about mine. 06 Sonata

3.3. Tranny cooler's supposed to be outside the radiator for a 3.3 according to the manual. It's not. You work on this stuff on a daily basis. Most of us just try to do as little damage as possible on an occasional basis.
Reply to
Bob

Alright, to be certain on the location. After looking at the pictures so kindly provided it appears the filter is located between that black cover and the tank? (back seat) I don t want to break the seal on the black cover if it is not needed (in the event I cannot get it back on.) As you had stated it appears some type of sticky stuff is holding it on. So, just use a screwdriver to pry it off? Then, right below it is the filter?

Thank you so much for your help.

Reply to
Elmer Fudd

Yes, that's the location. Just went through this exercise with my 2001 Accent. Just pry that cover off with a screwdriver as you said. The black glue stuff is sticky so you can just press the cover back on when done. It

*should* be an easy job since the hoses have quick release connectors. I said "should" because I got too rough with the reassembly and broke off the plastic connector of the fuel pump where the filter's host connects. Don't make the same mistake: the hoses are stiff, don't force them. And don't forget to reduce the fuel pressure before starting.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Wong

Reply to