2006 Sonata - should I pay for an invoice report?

Been looking at a 2006 Sonata. Got a price on a GLS 4-cylinder with powerseat option pack: $19700. Tax, title, etc brings it to $21250. (This includes a
$1000 financing rebate. I don't qualify for the additional $1000 competitive rebate as my current vehicles are not on the approved list.)
Should I bother spending money on the Consumer's Reports invoice pricing report? Anyone know how much wiggle room there is on this model?
BTW, this is in the Detroit metro area.
Marvin
MS wrote:

Why not check www.edmunds.com instead for the TMV (True Market Value) for your area? It's free.
I'm also in the market for a 2006 Sonata, but haven't heard about a $1000 "competitive rebate" until now. What is it exactly, and where can I find the "approved list" that you mention?
BRH <BRH> wrote:
(snip)

Thanks much. According to edmunds, $19,740 is invoice. A dealer quoted me $19700. But that's after the $1000 finance rebate. (I didn't want to finance, but she told me to just finance, get the rebate, and pay it off immediately and I'd lose a months interest at most.)

At least in the Detroit area the dealer has a list of various car makes and models; if you currently own a car on the list (registered in your name), they take $1000 off. There are numerous models listed, foreign and domestic. This is an incentive, not a trade-in.
Marv
BRH, check out http://hyundaiusa.com/shopping_tool/special_offer/special_offer.asp for the latest rebates and special offers. I have read one report from a person who received the $1,000 finance rebate PLUS the $1,000 competitive upgrade rebate. $2,000 off of this car is amazing. I purchased when Hyundai was offering a $500 customer loyalty rebate and feel I did well paying very little over invoice. In some areas this car is selling briskly and in others not as quickly. That will have an impact on your negotiation. Happy shopping. I agree that the invoice pricing data at Edmunds is accurate enough.
GeoUSA, moderator HyundaiExchange/KiaExchange, http://www.HyundaiExchange.com