2008 Sante Fe roof rack modication wanted

The cross bars on the 2008 Sante Fe will only spread about 26 inches apart (front to back) although the side rails extend almost the entire length of the roof. It is not very stable with long items on the
roof. With golf club cases on the roof the radio attenna is shielded and reception is poor. I am looking for a modification or aftermaket product that will allow them to be spread futher apart. Any ideas?
Jim
Apparently the mod is to drill extra holes toward the front of the tracks. I've seen it mentioned in the forums here http://www.hyundai-forums.com/f77-2g-2007-santa-fe.htm but haven't tried it (yet).
--
Jerry

On my Entourage, I lashed a couple of 2x4's to the side rails to get good separation front to back. If you were ever in the Boy Scouts you would have learned how do square lashings. It is not pretty, but it is solid and effective, and cheap!
Cheers,
Indrek Aavisto
--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill