4 Cyl vs 6 Cyl Sonata

Page 2 of 2
Partner wrote:

I believe it was Mitsu. That gave me some pause, but I was hoping the Chrysler engineers made the big decisions. :-)
Matt
I know of no issues with the chain-driven 2.4L four cylinder in the 2006 and newer Sonatas.
Make sure you keep the timing belt changed regularly on the 1999, however. That engine really does like eating timing belts.