99 Elantra Purge Valve

My check engine light is on and Hyundai said the code came back as a purge valve, they said they would replace it for 200.00 and I told them I would have to wait a couple of weeks since they just did the

60000 mile service on my Santa Fe and I didn't have the funds right now. Well I called a few days later and got a price on the purge valve alone and it is 30.00, how hard is it to change? I would like to do it myself as long as it isn't overly complicated or in need of special tools.
Reply to
Buckeyered

It requires some contorting to get out. It's along the left side frame rail wedged between the strut tower and the master cylinder. I usually have good luck with using long handled needlenose pliers to get the valve out of the hoses and then lube them well for reassembly. In many instances I don't have to take the clamps loose, making the job much easier.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Buckeyered