Check engine light, code PO 1655:

Hi a buddy gave me his 1996 Skylark 3.1l to look at with check engine light on. I pulled a code PO 1655 "manufacturer control, auxillary inputs and outputs". There are no associated driveability problems. Any ideas on how to proceed with this one? It has 130K miles, recent tune with wires, filters, etc plus recent intake manifold gasket set.

Thanks,

Bush

Reply to
Bush

P1655 is "Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control Circuit", it indicates that an improper voltage was detected on the canister purge solenoid driver circuit for 20 seconds. My bet would be on a bad (shorted) canister purge solenoid, or perhaps a short in its wiring.

Reply to
Robert Hancock