99 Hyundai Sonata AC problem continued

I accidentally cut my last post short. AC works intermittently. It is a V6. I believe the compressor is OK because it only stops working when the
AC clutch is not engaging. Do AC clutches start to fail with intermittent action or do they just quit? Seems odd that it works great sometimes then not at all next time you start the car. Any advice??? Thanks in advance.
Your A/C system has both high and low pressure switches. Being either over- or under-charged will cause the compressor to shut off.
You also have a thermistor in the evaporator which will shut off the compressor.
It's also possible that the ECM will shut off the compressor under heavy throttle. I haven't checked your particular car, but I know this system exists on many Hyundai products.
If you're unsure whether it's the compressor, connect a test light between the compressor electrical connector and ground. Lamp off means the compressor's receiving no power to engage the clutch.
Thanks hyundaitech. I appreciate your input. It sounds like a good idea. I'll give that a try.