Accent 2000 - sparodic surging of idle speed

My 1.5 L manual Accent 2000 - the idle speed when stationary sometimes suddenly starts to surge by itsself. I tap the acelarater to try and clear it but this usullay results in the idle speed increasing further.
I need to turn the engine off and restart which corrects the problem.
I took it to a mechanic who did a quick check for me. He checked the codes which seemed OK and then he blew out some of the throttle mechanism in case there was some dirt - this seemed to do the trick but after two days the problem has reoccured.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated Thanks David

You should probably take it to a mechanic who is more skilled with Hyundais. A "quick scan" and a few magic incantations seldom really do much to fix problems with cars.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net