Auto transmission goes thunk on 2001 Accent

The automatic transmission on my 2001 Accent will sometimes thunk when I come to a stop. Same thing when I shift from neutral to drive with the brake pedal down. Had the fluid checked and it is good. What is
going on?
Its OK so long as it runs fine. If anything should happen, are you still covered by the warrenty? If so, I wouldn't even worry about it.
On 5 Jun 2005 08:39:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The odometer is near 100,000 km. I will ask my dealer about the warranty left on the 2001 Accent. It is running fine except for the thunking noise. Pretty bad if this is considered normal.

Normal? NOT ON YOUR LIFE. Take it in for service. Have the service guy take a ride with you.
--
Andrew D. Sisson

But Andy, the problem is dealerships don't normaly honor the warranty unless the car isn't driveable.
well if trans shifts ok and all the concern is the thump open hood have someone set in car and put trans in gear park to rev and rev to n to drive see if the motor kick up farther than would be normal maybe a broken mount causing your bang

Most dealerships honor the warranty on any warrantable item even if the car is completely operable. If they don't, call the Hyundai customer assistance line.
Take it in, have them look at it, you want a history of problems documented even if they do nothing now. Your tranny will probably fail with 10k miles. :) Hyndai auto-trans fail a lot.