car got keyed

Well I walked out of the bar this evening to find a nice little surprise, my car (an 02 accent) got keyed from before the drivers side door all the way back. The cop who looked at it said that the entire side of my car will need to be re-paintded, is this the norm? also how much do you think this would cost? I just went on my own insurance less then 6 months ago, and I am worried that my payments will go through the roof (i have GEICO) and was thinking that maybe i could pay for this out of pocket. Any idea/ help? wow what a shitty night

Reply to
illusion123a

also if i report to my insurance how much do you think my insurance will go up?

Reply to
illusion123a

"illusion123a" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

it may have to come out of your pocket. what is your deductible?

Reply to
Eaton Wings

my comprehensive deductiable is only $100, collision is $500. I was looking at it today, and they totally went through all the coats of paint

Reply to
illusion123a

Check your policy. A comprehensive claim may not count against you like a collision or liability claim would. So your rates may not be affected at all.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Bailin

Your comprehensive, minus the deductible, should cover it. Geico......that was you first mistake! They will raise your rates just for calling in to ask a question. I've been with Nationwide for 26 years, no complaints from me. Only had to pay an extra premium one time, for three years, when my son had an accident that was his fault. Otherwise, they have always taken care of any claim [cars or house] promptly with no rate "adjustments".

Reply to
fhm

well when i got the policy GEICO was 640 for 6 months compares to 1200+++ from other companies. I get a goverment employee discount with GEICO, but if they raise the rates too much I will shop around again

Reply to
illusion123a

I don't think insurance companies are allowed to raise rates for comprehensive automobile claims in most states.

Reply to
hyundaitech

VANDALISM won't raise your rates............... and you made a police report, so you are safe.

Reply to
theawesome1

same here in canada,

Reply to
Jody

That's called "low-balling" to get your initial business. Just be aware of anything that could give them an excuse to raise your rates or drop you with little or no notice! Good luck.

Reply to
fhm

So far I have been surprised by GEICO's fast reaction. I called in and made the claim at 4am sunday morning, i was told that an claims agent would call me with in two days, i was expecting them to take the whole two days due to it being a sunday, but they gave me a call at 10 am (and woke me up, but thats ok in this situation). I was then told that an adjuster would see me with in two days. Then today as soon as I got to work 830 I got a call from an adjuster sayiong her would be there in 30 min. He came, did the inspection and had a check ready in 45 min. I then faxed the estimate to my body shop (who is a friend of the family) and he said that everything with the estimate is fine. Also after the adjustment, I asked the adjuster about my rates going up and he said that they WILL NOT go up becasue it was vandelism!!!! This made my day, but will see when i get my next 6 month bill. If it goes up it would be becasue of this, as i have had no violations or other claims

Reply to
illusion123a