Goodbye 01 Sonata hello Kia Optima

No more questions for the hyundai tech it was one of the best cars I've had.I bought a 06 Optima same 2.4 litre engine and I understand no rubber timing belt! This engine is literally a little race horse combined with a very responsive 5 speed automatic.

Reply to
taters2

"taters2" ha scritto nel messaggio

As it is the SAME engine Sonata 2.4 also has the same kind of timing belt... lol

Reply to
Zotto

there is no rubber belt on this engine has no timing belt cover it has no chain either it is a gear!

Reply to
taters2

this is a 2006 and 1/2 year model kia and it has no rubber belt and no chain it has a timing gear! The first thing I ask the Kia mechanic.before I bought the car there is no belt cover and the drive belts are exposed like some other cars. The 6 cylinder does have a belt.

Reply to
taters2

First is the all-new 2.4-liter Theta DOHC inline four-cylinder engine, rated at 162 horsepower *. This high-tech all-aluminum engine features a balance shaft design, Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT), a silent timing chain, stainless steel exhaust manifold and hydraulic motor mounts. This efficient four-cylinder engine is standard on Sonata GL and Sonata GLS four-cylinder models.

Zotto

Looking at

and
the 2.4 in the your Optima seems to be the same one that's used in the '06 and newer Sonatas. All the listed specs are the same, but I cannot find any mention of the method of camshaft drive on the Kia.

My guess is that it's basically the same car as the '06 Sonata 2.4. So you won't need to leave.

Reply to
hyundaitech